Saturday, May 30, 2009

Good Chi

The much anticipated apartment warming was a success; not only the actual event but the events in the day that preceded it. I woke up early to do some freelance graphic design work. I’m still trying to adjust to working at home, and being in charge of my own time which is strange. All before noon, I obtained a new client and was asked my design opinion by a seasoned professional, and Patty landed a social media/online marketing position with very competitive pay. Needless to say, our new space is vibrating good chi into our lives. There is nothing but success in this new apartment, and you should make a point to come over and let some of it seep into your bones.

After business was taken care of, we ran some errands in preparation of our first get-together. We were excited about having people over, so much so that we frantically hung pictures, vacuumed, shoved miscellaneous items into drawers and closets, learned to cook, and made a play list that admittedly had too much dance music on it.

And although none of the people I invited actually showed up, our mutual friends were a zesty bunch that got zestier as the night progressed. The wine was flowing, and conversation was lively. I think everyone had a good time. And I know everyone enjoyed the food. We served Hummus, ceviche, salmon snacks, Grandma's cookies and ooey gooey butter cake (partially eaten prior to any guest having arrived).

Pictures were taken and the "Patty-Cam" was unleashed. Observe...


For everyone that came and left the beer, thanks. You can make it your excuse for coming over again in the future. But we know why you’re coming back, and we’ll just keep that between us. 

This has been Patty and Ashley, and it’s all happening.

1 comment:

  1. I muffed up...my song is called "If God Smoked 'Cheap' Cigars"
    And good job, that party was great!
    ...whose video is this?

    ReplyDelete