Tuesday, June 2, 2009

The Third Wheel

Hi. My name is Rilo. People call me “hover-cat” and I’m not sure why. But I have to introduce myself because I live with two self-centered bitches that didn’t even think to include me, even though I live here too. I’ve put on a little weight, but this is the most current picture of me.

Ashley is mine and I just adopted Patty. They both make these long-ass lists and leave me at the house all alone for hours at a time. Like today, they left to go work out, and then to run “errands,” whatever that means. The only good thing about this is that they usually come back with some bags full of stuff that I like to crawl into once they’ve been emptied.

Anyway, I think I’m supposed to tell you what I did today. First I starred out the window at a cat that looked just like me. It was making all the same movements as me and it was pretty creepy. Then I got up on the counter tops and snooped around. I’m not aloud to do this when the girls are home. I ate a leaf off Patty’s bamboo plant, and lost a twisty tie under the fridge. Patty and Ashley finally got home around 4 p.m. That’s when I hid in the closet until they freaked out looking for me. Ashley helped me find the lost twisty tie under the fridge. I knew I kept her around for a reason.

I’ve been pretty content since Ashley and I moved here. It’s a whole new place to explore, and I’m meeting a lot of new people. But I never leave the house, and Patty and Ashley are always in their own little world, making me the third wheel. But I'm compensated by an abundance of head-scratching and a brand new lap to lounge in...

This is Rilo, and I'm constantly being told, "It's all happening."

1 comment:

  1. bet you didnt know i knew you had a blog...i would say that yes, its all happening. congrats on the move! patty, i cant wait to come invade your space the next time im in austin. get prepared.

    ReplyDelete