Monday, July 13, 2009

Away We Wait

Patty here. So, I’m back and yes I skipped a week of blogging. I had to look over my twitter feed to remember what to talk about. I’ve been pretty busy catching up on work and band stuff since I got in from the cruise. Airport security confiscated my Bath & Body Works Wild Honeysuckle body cream. I was pissed. You probably want to know how the trip went though. Here’s the Reader’s Digest version: We ate a lot, we slept a lot, we drank a lot, and we got sunburns. I’m peeling in patches all over my back. I wish I could climb out of my old skin, and end this itchy mess in one fell swoop. Tip: If you’re going on a cruise, plan to spend about $10-$13 for every alcoholic drink. On the up side, you can start a collection of cheesy plastic Norwegian Cruise Line cups while you’re there. Upon my return, Rilo acted like I was a stranger about to ransack the apartment. I'm still waiting for her to come cuddle in my lap.

I went to see “Away We Go” at Alamo Drafthouse last weekend with Ash, Brett, and Ray. If you haven’t seen it, you must! It was probably the best film I’ve seen this year. John Krasinksi [The Office] plays an expecting father, and husband to wife, Maya Rudolph [Saturday Night Live], as they travel the U.S. in search of the perfect place to raise their family. Maggie Gyllenhaal plays a really annoying pretentious woman that reminds me of some of the hippie Austin folk, but her role almost made me pee in my pants. The movie also features music by Alexi Murdoch, which you must look into as well. I laughed until I cried and almost regurgitated my Angus burger, and then I cried. Go see it.


A few days ago, Todd and I were determined to make fried pickles. My Facebook status that day seemed to be a hot topic. I am happy to report that they turned out great. We just used an egg and milk wash with a flour and Tony Chachere’s seasoning batter. Bon Apatite!

7/11 just passed – The day on which you can get free Slurpees from 7/11 gas stations and swim for free at Barton Springs. I took advantage of neither of these affordable activities due to “a collection of physical, psychological, and emotional symptoms related to a woman's menstral cycle,” according to Wikipedia. (Waiting for the storm to pass.)

Does anybody else watch ‘Weeds?’ I’ve been trying to get Ashley into it. I just finished Season 4, and I’ve seen the first episode of Season 5 on sho.com … SPOILER ALERT…Can you believe she’s pregnant??? I can’t discuss this any further. It makes me upset that I don’t even have basic cable, much less Showtime. (Waiting for Season 5.)

Good news: Texas State decided that I am eligible for the tuition rebate. Now I just have to wait for that 4-digit check to come in the mail. Is it too much to ask for this to be presented to me in the form of a big check at my front door by the Publisher’s Clearing House people? This is Patty and it's all happening while I wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment