Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Holding Down the Fort

Last week or so, Ashley, Justin Kirchhoff and I went to see Jason Poe sing at Flipnotics. He's the lead singer for Jets Under Fire, a really great local band in Austin. I think his solo material is very early Chris Martin. Check it out yourself! Click the image below to get his latest EP for free.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

As some of you might already know. Ashley is out of town this week. She’s visiting family in Pittsburgh. That's approximately 1,418 miles away from home, but Rilo and I are holding down the fort. I don’t let her sleep with me because I’m afraid she’ll knock over the glass of water on my bedside table. So at about 9:10 a.m. every morning she starts crying outside my door, which is good because I usually shut off my alarm when it goes off at 9:00 a.m.

Before Ashley left, we started a Rodney Yee Morning Yoga challenge. That’s right we’re putting an end to the ice cream and booze binge, (okay maybe just the ice cream), and getting these lazy butts into shape. I’ve forced myself to continue the challenge even while she’s away, excluding today on account of girlie cramps.

The second day flying solo, I met up with Chance and Andrew for breakfast at Magnolia’s. Andrew is constantly on a strict diet, but Saturdays are his cheat days. According to Andrew, any edibles consumed on a Saturday is void of calories, grams of fat and health risks. After breakfast, we went “house shopping.” None of us are looking for a house, but we saw some neat modern houses on the East side, like this one. It’s being designed by Nicole Blair of Studio 512 for his mother. This house will probably be featured in Dwell Magazine next month.

I don’t know what’s come over me, but I’ve been feeling tempted to adopt a cat lately. From the local animal shelters advertising $25 cat specials, to free kittens being given away on Facebook. They’re everywhere. But if I were to bring home a kitty, Rilo would probably claw its eyes out. So I’ll do these kittens the favor of offering no home, which is better than offering the home from hell with Rilo the ultimate cat of terror and destruction waiting to devour her unsuspecting baby prey. Plus…Ash would kill me.

I’ve started babysitting a little bit just to get out of the apartment. This is Emerson. He’s just a big ball of baby fat cuteness, teething like no tomorrow.

Ash should be blogging about her new web site soon enough. She’s a real bona fide designer now. She’s already got over 100 fans on the TweedleG Facebook Page. I am the proud Mom that gets the photo albums out whenever we have company. This has been Patty and Rilo, and we miss Ashley.

* * *

The Williamson County Regional Animal Shelter has many more animals in need of homes than they have willing adopters. If you're in the market for a furry friend, please check them out.

No comments:

Post a Comment